1. The steps to create a contact group (in Google, called a “label”) are pretty simple. The first step is to open Google Contacts and click Create contact.
2. Generally, you will create each contact one at a time. To do this, you’ll click Create a contact. If you wanted to create multiple contacts at once, you’d start with a spreadsheet with all the contact information.
3. On the new contact page, you’ll want to put in all the information you need about each contact. As a teacher, you generally find this information in your SIS (iPass, PowerSchool, Aspen, etc.) Click First name and type in the contact’s first name.
4. Click on Last name and type in the contact’s last name.
5. Click Email and type in the contact’s email address. You can also copy from your SIS (ctrl-C) and paste into this field (ctrl-V).
6. To add this contact to your group, you’ll want to click on the label icon.
7. Choose your label (if it already exists) or click Create label to make a new one.
8. Give your label a name by typing in the field.
9. Once you have done that, click Save
10. Click Save to save the information you just entered.
11. Click Families 2021-2022 to open up the group and view/edit its members.
12. To email your group, go into Gmail. In the To:, CC:, or BCC: field, start typing in the group name. The group name should appear, and when you hit Enter, the email address of the members should appear. That’s it! You’re done!