About the Conference
Your Super Bowl MVP getting some work done early this morning just outside the #masscue conference @MassCUE pic.twitter.com/MTApm4TYKv
— Neal Sonnenberg (@nealman17) October 24, 2019
Google Data Studio
Measuring Technology Integration
A Dozen SEL Tools for LRE or IEP (or anyone)
This was a great session totally relevant for current initiatives in the district revolving around Social Emotional Learning. The presenter provided information about a useful website highlighting a plethora of tools. Here are the tools we went over:
- Google Docs Comments feature
- Google Docs Version History
- Read&Write voice notes (free for teachers, paid for students)
- Read&Write check it tool
- ReadWriteThink – Trading card creator, magnetic poetry, comic book
- Speech to Text with Google Docs or Read&Write
- Class Dojo immediate feedback and goalsetting
- Jeopardylabs and Flipity – Jeopardy type games
Engage, Empower, Amplify: Finding & Promoting Student Voice
Why student voice?
- When students are more invested in things, that will translate into more of their success in school.
- Observation that students “wait around” for things to happen, without feeling that they may be capable of starting something
- Have students feel that they have a role in their learning. It’s not something that happens to them.
- Sometimes we can jump to talking too quickly. Need to have time to write/think before they are saying. Think Pair Share would be better. Kids need processing time.
- Using Pear deck gives them an opportunity to think, write, and then discuss
Giving Up Control: Student Agency in the Classroom
Graphic Organizers – Cupcake/Birthday Cake/Wedding Cake (progression from simple to more complex)
Entrance/Exit tickets- especially related to group work
Example: Types of Group Project Roles (Resource Manager, Directions verifier, reporter, recorder, task manger, team leader) – example sheet in presentation with guiding questions.
example – reminder sheet – What does Good Research Look Like?
example – reminder sheet – Project Day Protocol
Give them examples of feedback that would be available to them.
Give them a feedback form to fill out once the project is done so you have the data.
Blended Learning Playlists
If you’d like to browse through the entire list of sessions and the resources the presenters provided, you can check that out here.